Join the Crew
The Teton County Fire Protection District is currently accepting applications for Reserve Firefighter. Reserve Firefighters are part-time employees who are hired to serve a minimum of 2 reserve shifts monthly, as well as report to fire calls and attend ongoing training.
Requirements to apply include:
- You must be able to obtain a Firefighter I & EMT certification for Idaho upon completion of in-house academy.
- You must have a valid driver’s license,
- High school diploma or GED, and
- Be 18 years of age.
- All candidates must be able to pass a drug test prior to being hired.
- All candidates must be able to pass a background check and completing the testing and interview process.
This year those candidates with Firefighter I or II or documented equivalency may qualify for an abbreviated academy, or skills proficiency testing.
Successful candidates will begin a 250 hour in-house academy starting October 25th, and should last approximately 13 weeks. Upon graduation and successful certification of the academy, the pay will increase to $16/hr for those Firefighter I / EMT’s. Those advancing to Firefighter II / EMT’s are paid $18/hr. Paramedics who complete Firefighter I or II certifications are paid $18/hr and $20/hr respectively.
The process includes a physical agility test, and an interview. Please follow the links below for additional information including a timeline and application.
Teton County Fire Protection District Application – PDF – Please fill out form or simply print and scan back to us
Teton County Fire Protection District Firefighter Questionnaire – PDF – Not required, but very helpful